Psalm 11:7 For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; upright men will see his face.
Is seeing God’s face a personal experience or a thing conspicuous to others? “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God’s face” (Matt. 5:8). What a blessing and promise from the Lord! “ They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads (Rev. 22:4)” ; what a clear sign that can be seen by others!
There are a lot of things we know. We need to be seen by others through actions. But actions need courage and discernment. How can one discern when people of the Lord have different interpretations of the Bible? How can one fight against world powers with courage? Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a theologian and a pastor took on the fight against the schism of accepting a ruler as head of the church and Hilter’s persecution of Jews by being a founding member of the Confessing Church and a participant of the German Resistance Movement. He could do so but many failed. Our flesh is weak in acts (Romans 7:19). But by grace, the Holy Spirit dwells in us and will lead us to see His face. Therefore,
- come humbly to God and cry out loud for help - "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:3)
- press on as Paul did - “I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us” (Philippines 3:14).
- seek the heavenly prize - “see God’s face and have God’s name on our foreheads” (Rev. 22:4).
- make “Holy to the Lord” not a golden plate worn at the forehead nor a symbol of separation from the world, but the practice of living in the world with good deeds to be seen by others.
Pray that God will give us the courage and strength to trust and obey Him; let us see His face day and night forever and ever and live like a tree of life that yields fruits at its seasons (Psalm 1:2, Rev. 22:2).
诗篇11:7 因为耶和华是公义的， 他喜爱公义； 正直人必得见他的面。
见神的面是个人经历，还是其他人也清楚可见的事呢？ 「虚心的人有福了！因为天国是他们的」（马太5:3）。这是多大的祝福和神的应许啊! 「（他们）也要见祂的面，祂的名字必写在他们的额上」 (启22:4) 。这又是 多么显明易见的一个记号!
许多事情我们是知道的。世人知道我们是基督徒是因着我们的行为。行为是建立在勇气和分辨能力上的。若属神的人对圣经持不同的理解， 我们该怎么分辨？我们又怎能有勇气对抗世上的权力？潘霍华(Dietrich Bonhoeffer), 一位神学家和牧者，通过参与创立「忏悔教会」及参加德国反抗运动，坚决抵制接纳属世的领导人作为教会元首的阴谋，及希特勒对犹太人的迫害。他这样做到了，但许多人却做不到。我们的肉体在行动上是软弱的(罗7:19) ，但在恩典里，内住的圣灵会引领我们得见神的面。所以:
- 谦卑的来到主跟前大声呼求–「虚心的人有福了，因为天国是他们的」 (马太5:3)。
- 坚定如保罗般–「向着标竿直跑， 要得神在基督耶稣里从上面召我来得的奖赏」 (腓3:14)。
- 寻求从上面而来的奖赏-「也要见祂的面，祂的名字必写在他们的额上」 (启22:4) 。